Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Success is not a Easy button it takes hard work


How Bad Do You Want Success by Eric Thomas.

It was young man who wanted to make a lot of money, so he went to this guru, right?
And he told the guru, "You know, I wanna be on the same level you on."
And so the guru said, "If you wanna be on the same level I'm on, I'll meet you tomorrow, at the beach, at 4am"
He thinks, "The beach? I said I wanna make money! I don't wanna swim"
Guru said, "If you wanna money, I'll meet you tomorrow. 4am."


 
So the young man got there, 4am. He's all ready to rock and roll. He got on the suit....he shoulda worn shorts...
The old man grabs his hand, say, "How bad do you wanna be successful?"
He said, "Real bad."
He said, "Walk on out in the water."
So he walks out into the water, listen carefully, when he walks out into the water, he goes waist deep. So he's thinking, "This guy is crazy. How am i gonna make money, he got me out here swimmin'? I didnt ask to be a lifeguard, I wanna make money." 
Guru said, "Come out a little further." So, walked out a little further, then he had it right the shoulder area.
He's thinking, "Yo this ol' man crazy! He makin' money, but he crazy!"
Guru said, "Come out a little farther." So, he came out little farther. It was right at his mouth. He thinkin', "Im 'bout to go back in, he outta his mind."
So the old man said, "I thought you said you wanted to be successful." Man said, "I do!"
Guru said, "Walk a little farther." He came, dropped his head in, held him down, hold him down, the guy scratchin'.

Just before my man was about to pass out, the Guru raised him up. He said, "I got a question for ya."
He said, "When you were underwater, what did you wanna do?!"
He said, "I wanted to BREATHE."

He todl the guy, he said, "When you want to succeed, as BAD as you want to breathe, THEN you'll be successful. You dont care about no basketball game! You dont care what's on TV, you dont care about nobody callin' you, you dont care about no damn party! The ONLY thing you care about when you tryin' to breathe, is to get some fresh air. That's it."
"...And when you get to the point, and WHEN you get to the point where all you wanan do is be successful as bad as you want to breathe, THEN you'll be successful."

And I'm here to tell you, number one. That most of say you want to be successful, but you don't want it bad! You just kinda' want it. 


You dont want it badder then you wanna party. You dont want it as much as you wanna be cool. Most of you don't want success as much as you wanna sleep! 
Some of you love sleep more then you love success. And I'm here to tell you today, if you're going to be successful, you've got to be willing to give up sleep. You've got to be willing to work off of three hours of sleep, two hours; If you REALLY wanna be successful, some days, you gonna have to stay up three days in a row!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment